Hey Eagle Families! WE NEED YOUR HELP. We have a greater number of incidents being reported to the school about those who are not observing Speed Limits during school hours (as outlined by Texas Transportation Code § 545.352) or the Texas Leadership School Zone guidelines in our parking lots.
Our School Zones have heavy pedestrian traffic between the hours of 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. in the morning and from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon.
When you enter a school zone and/or parking lot, we ask that you please be mindful:
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited while driving through a school zone.
- You are required to SLOW DOWN to 20 MPH while in the Texas Leadership School Zone (light is flashing) and you may only drive 10-15 MPH in parking lots.
- At ELEMENTARY the Car Drop Off Line (Green Zone on the Map) is only to be used if you do not intend to exit your vehicle and walk your student to the entrance.
- At ELEMENTARY the Walk Up Zone (Blue Zone on the Map) was created for parents and guardians to PARK their vehicle and walk their student up to the door. Please note that you are NOT PERMITTED to use this zone to stop and let your student exit the vehicle on their own. You are required to park and walk with your student to the door.
- The San Angelo Police Department will increase their presence at TLCA San Angelo during peak times to help ensure our student’s safety and the safety of our families while driving.
If you observe an action you think we need to be aware of, we ask that you please email email@example.com and let us know.
Thank you for your support in helping us keep the roadways (and parking lots) safe!