Hey Eagle Families! As we near the first day of school on Thursday, August 11th we wanted to communicate about traffic flow at the Elementary/Junior High Campus (3301 TLC Way, San Angelo, Texas 76901). Plus changes we are making for student and staff safety.
Below is a map that outlines:
- K-2 Drive Thru, Drop Off and Pick Up (Pink)
- Grades 3-6 Drive Thru Drop off and Pick Up (Lime Green)
- Grades 7-8 Drive Thru Drop off and Pick Up (Light Blue)
- The Walk Up Zone (Sky Blue)
We ask that you familiarize yourself with the map and pay attention to the Legend and Information on it.
- If you have more than one student to drop off or pick up, you may do so at the zone for your youngest student.
- Please obey all traffic laws and signs that are posted in and around the school campus.
- You are required to SLOW DOWN to 20 MPH while in the Texas Leadership School Zone (light is flashing) and you may only drive 15 MPH in parking lots.
- The Car Drop Off Line (Per the Map) is only to be used if you do not intend to exit your vehicle and walk your student to the entrance.
- The Walk Up Zone (Per The Map) was created for ELEMENTARY parents and guardians to park their vehicle and walk their student up to the door. This zone does NOT ALLOW for a vehicle to stop and let the student exit on their own. You are required to park and walk with your student to the door. However, beginning this year, parents will not be allowed to walk students into the building.
- Always WATCH for children and staff when you drive on campus lots.
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited while driving through a school zone.
Speed Limits are clearly posted (as outlined by Texas Transportation Code § 545.352 and the Texas Leadership School Zone guidelines) are in full effect of the law from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. in the morning and from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon.
If you observe an action you think we need to be aware of, we ask that you please email [email protected] and let us know.
Thank you for your support in helping us keep the roadways (and parking lots) safe! We’ll see you on the first day of school.
– District Administration